02 June 2010

At long last, labels

Wow, only 12 days of school left! That means we're busy, busy, busy with end-of-year events like math day, field day, international day, book fair, spring concert, and graduation; then there's yearbook, exams, catch-up work, and final grades; plus we're packing up everything in preparation for our move to the new school building in August. So I haven't updated the blog recently other than to add labels to all our posts about Armenia (no family- or Nathan-related labels yet). This new feature will be very helpful for those looking for an older post...especially if you remember what it was about, but not when it was written...if it's the other way around, search the archives!

If you're looking for information on specific activities or places in Armenia, check out the nifty "label sphere" feature on the right side of the page. Click on a label that interests you and you will be redirected to a page that shows all our posts on that particular subject.

All this labeling is still in progress, so be patient as I work to perfect the system. For now, the only city label is 'Yerevan'; everywhere else is labeled by region. So if you want to see what we have to say about Vanadzor, for example, click on the 'Lori Region' label. If you don't know the region (marz) for the city/village/monastery/fortress/museum you want, you'll have to find out from Armeniapedia.org or elsewhere until I've got time to add more specific labels. Meanwhile, feel free to ask questions, leave comments, or request to follow me on Twitter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an Armenian American living in Boston that stumbled upon your blog a while ago. It's very interesting! I just wish you'd update it more haha..

How do you like it in Yerevan? Did you pick up much of the language/culture? Has it been changing? And lastly how's the tourism there?

I'm so curious! I'm going to visit my family in Yerevan in July. They live right by the Opera :)

Jarred, Angela, and Nathan said...

Barev dzez, anonymous reader! Yes, I wish I could write more frequently, too...being a full-time working mom isn't exactly conducive to that, unfortunately! But after next week I'll have more free time.

We do enjoy living in Yerevan very much... food and transportation are incredibly cheap, and the city is a great place to walk around and enjoy the cafe culture and nightlife, plus everyone is so wonderfully child-friendly!

My husband Jarred is learning much more Armenian than I am, but it's slow-going since we're contantly in an English-speaking environment both at home and work. You can see everything I have to say about various aspects of culture by checking out the "culture" tag in my new "label sphere."

Regarding tourism, we do see quite a few tourists on a regular basis, and we actually hosted 7 couchsurfers in the month of May alone -- if you don't know what couchsurfing is, visit www.couchsurfing.org (though you have to sign up to view our profile, which is private for members only).

When in July are you coming? If it's during the first half of the month, Jarred will be in the U.S., but I'll be around...maybe we can meet somewhere. After the 18th, though, we're all going to Paris for a week.

Thanks for reading and commenting!